Thursday, August 24, 2006

pompeii


Today in history,my mom and I researched Pompeii. We found that many people were fond hugging each other as they died. Some were animals but most were people. Some were skeletons waiting for a boat that never came.

I would feel so scared.

The deadly gasses and ashes killed people immediately. Centuries later, people came to Pompeii and cleared the ashes and found the bodies and the city's buildings. Mt. Vesuvius is the only volcano to spew deadly gas ash and lava at the same time.

1 Comments:

At 6:12 AM, Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Hi! I popped over from your mom's blog. I met her at the writer's conference in Philly. I'm a homeschool mom and think it is wonderful how you study the 'Today in History'! Awesome. I agree that I would have been scared when the volcano erupted. How eerie it must be to walk around Pompeii with all those real statues.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home